- What types of data do we collect about you?
- Sign up: To use BillingEngine, you must provide personal data such as your company name and e-mail address. In order to send invoices to your customers, you have to enter their name and contact details.
- Payment transactions: When you upgrade into a payable plan, your credit card details will be transmitted to our payment processor Stripe.
- User analysis: We use Google Analytics to improve BillingEngine's usability. Google Analytics records non-personalised data such as your IP address. You can de/activate Google Analytics here:
- Social media: We collaborate with the social network Facebook to show you personalised ads if needed. You can de/activate Facebook user tracking here:
- Newsletter: If you've subscribed to our Newsletter, we use MailChimp to deliver it to you. You can withdraw your permission at any time.
- Access logs: When you use BillingEngine, your browser sends us data such as your IP address and the version of your operating system. For security reasons, we log this data on our server.
- Who collects the data?
The data is collected by DesignBits GbR.
- What is the legal basis for collecting the data?
The legal basis for collecting your data may be one (or more) of the following:
- You have given us your permission. (Which you may withdraw at any time.)
- It is necessary to perform a contract with you.
- It is in our legitimate interest (e.g. when sending you marketing materials or recording your browser data).
- How do we use your data?
We use your data only for the fulfillment of the contract and for billing and communication purposes.
- Where is the data being stored?
Your data is stored at our hosting provider DigitalOcean in Frankfurt, Germany.
- How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data only as long as necessary to provide the service you requested. In your settings you will find a button to "Destroy my account". When you press that button, all your data will be erased from our records.
- Who will the data be shared with?
We do not share your data with third parties except where it's necessary to perform the contract.
- How can the data be retrieved?
You can download all your invoice data in CSV, XLS and XML format at any time.
- How do we secure your data?
The technical safety measures we have taken to protect your data can be found here: TOMs.pdf (Access only for registered users)
- What rights do you have?
In addition to above rights, you have:
- the right of access to your personal data
- the right to object to processing of your data
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority
- What happens if this Privacy Notice changes?
As a registered user you will be notified by e-mail, if this Privacy Notice changes.